Sunday 3 April 2016

Practise, Practise, Practise : Daffodils in Watercolour



Yesterdays painting. 
Painted in my garden, nothing beats the feeling of painting from life

I am having a ball painting in my garden at the moment. Last night I left my studio with my favourite daffodil paintings placed on my easel.  You can see them in the image below. Walking in to see them this morning was an absolute delight!

The sun shone this weekend so I had a great time yesterday. First I went to a garden centre with my fabulous husband, John. I bought the first of  my summer flowering pot plants there and did a little gardening. It was fantastic to feel the sunshine on my skin again as I worked. I potted up a variety of plants and the colour in them already looks wonderfully tempting. I know in months to come I am going to want to sit and paint outside daily.

As I worked, a clump of daffodils beckoned my brushes and I couldn't resist painting them.  These are the flowers you see above. I am afraid yellow doesn't seem to photograph very well so this isn't a great likeness to the painting colour wise, but you can see the composition. It literally glows off screen.

I placed my favourite daffodil paintings on my easel last night when I left my studio. As I walked in this morning I felt instantly cheerful and eager to paint more.  Spring is such a great time of year for making us feel energised and ready to love life with all it brings our way. 

I can't wait to see what flows from my brush today. And I hope you find time to paint too!


My easel collection that greeted me this morning.


*********************


No comments: