Thursday 3 September 2015

World of Watercolour Exhibition Collection 2015 In The Pink!

 Essence
Young Ballet Dancers waiting in the wings
SOLD 

Continuing to share paintings from my upcoming exhibition at the Frame Gallery in Odiham, Hampshire. Which opens next week I am moving onto my "pink " mood.

I love painting with Opera Pink by Daniel Smith. It is such an alive colour which suits ballet scenes beautifully. The above painting " Essence" was sold in last years exhibition. And was a very popular piece. I think ballet always is in art shows.

In my book " Jean Haines World of Watercolour" there is a delightful watercolour called " Curtain calls" which depicts young ballet dancers in the wings waiting to go in stage. You can imagine their excitement and nerves. I loved painting this piece and even sat here typing about it I desperately want to race for my brushes to paint another.

It can be found on pages 22 and 23. 

With the words

" I gradually lost the inner artist who loved painting intricate detail and became one who loved capturing the essence of a subject". 

The chapter refers to my beginning in life as a botanical artist who then moved onto a loose impressionistic style. If I can move from painting in such a tight botanical way I believe everyone can, if they wish to


 Curtain Calls
Size 57 x 60 cms
In a stunning gold classic frame.
£620

Next is a sweet baby. With such beautiful blue eyes. This painting is all about innocence. The innocence of a child. It can be found on pages 10 and 11 of my new book " Jean Haines World of Watercolour"  and there is something so sweet about the piece. I can't put the feeling I have into words when I look at this painting. I feel happy inside and smile. I'm sure any parent or grandparent will completely understand.


Bright Eyes
Size 58 x 72 cms
£650


I have already shared the portraits from my exhibition so next I will be sharing florals and there are one or two wildlife paintings yet to be shown here on my blog too.

There have already been two sales ahead of the show as  collectors had fallen in love with certain pieces which I quite understand So please contact the gallery if you are interested in a painting from my book. They will be happy to help you.


*********************


All art can be reserved via contacting the Frame Gallery.

No comments: