Tuesday 15 September 2015

World of Watercolour Exhibition 2015 : Hampshire UK

 The Frame Gallery
Odiham
Hampshire


WORLD OF WATERCOLOUR EXHIBITION
The Frame Gallery, Odiham, Hampshire 
September  11th - 27th September 2015


It has been an incredible few days. My solo exhibition "World of Watercolour" opened at The Frame Gallery in Odiham, Hampshire last Friday evening.   I think we can easily call the weekend a red dot event as paintings were asked after repeatedly.

I loved meeting everyone who came on the opening night and the next day, as I was signing books at the gallery on Saturday. And we sold out. More books have now been signed by me and are at the gallery. Having been delivered yesterday.

Yesterday I also dealt with more enquiries about art in my show and I must admit I love the questions I am being asked. It really is  wonderful to hear from people all over the world who are interested in my watercolours, my style and my art journey. I feel so very humbled.


" World of Watercolour" Cover Kingfisher painting
SOLD

 Guests on the opening night were wonderful. There were visitors who had driven from North Wales and Worcester just for the occasion.  Guests at my book signing event in Moreton -On-The -Marsh earlier this year were also there ( and I would love you to email me please if you are reading my blog!)

It was one of those nights as an artist that you almost dread arriving as you know the buzz and excitement around the show is so magical that you never want it to end.



 "Am I Safe Yet"
£595
Sold

Buyers bought paintings they loved and meeting them in person is always a very special moment. Like the lady who fell in love with "Once Upon A Time" the badger painting.  It was fabulous hearing how this painting will be enjoyed by someone who adores wildlife as much as I do. The fox paintings sold immediately also, with many enquiries asking if I intend to paint any more foxes in future. I am afraid I paint from my heart when I want to, and not purely because a subject sells so we will see.



 "Once Upon a Time" . My badger painting with its' beautiful new owner.

I'm afraid this is one of those events when I didn't take photos . I was far too busy but I can honestly say that it was an amazing opening. Mainly thanks to the fantastic gallery owner Jan who displayed my work so beautifully and hosted the event.  Jan knows how to throw a superb preview and the bubbles flowed with delicious canapes all night.



Jan, the owner of The Frame Gallery, and myself at the preview of
"World of Watercolour" Exhibition 2015

It is rather special to know your art is enjoyed. But even more wonderful to want to race for my brushes each day and create knowing that I can look forward to meeting amazing people at openings and shows like this. I'm not sure I will ever hold an exhibition that carries a part of my heart as much as this one as each painting from my latest book means so much to me emotionally.

If you haven't had time to visit the exhibition it will run until 27th September so please try to get there before the original paintings from my book make their way to their new owners. And of course there are still a few gorgeous paintings for sale.

In fact  now I am having to take a few more paintings in that were not initially the exhibition catalogue due to the number of sales. How exciting is that!


*************************

A huge thank you to everyone who came to the Preview and on Saturday to see me at the gallery. 
I really loved seeing you! This is where I will make a special mention to the fabulous lady who always brings Italian cakes when she comes to my art events. Always home made and always delicious! Thank you!!!!!


Full details about my exhibition can be found via this link

 

No comments: