Monday 1 June 2015

Peony Pleasure

"Peony Pleasure"
Fabulous Florals Workshop 2015

Last week I held watercolour workshops in UK. Each day saw terrific people arrive full of enthusiasm for working in watercolour. The week started with my now popular " Opening Doors" course. This was created intentionally to allow new artists to come to me as only those who have never attended my classes before are eligible to book on this session.

This  great day was followed by "Spring Fever" and then " Fabulous Florals". My week closed with a one day workshop on painting animals. Time flew as always and I found myself becoming incredibly envious of the artists who were painting whilst I was teaching. I am now enjoying my workshops so much that I want to sit in on them to paint these days rather than stand at the front of the class demonstrating! It is amazing feeling the positive energy in a workshop room at times. And all too soon the workshop week came to an end.

Last week artists from Australia, South Africa, Switzerland and Ireland were on my courses in Hampshire , UK.

I am fully booked this year but will be looking at UK workshop dates for 2016 soon.  And the only advise I can give is please book early when the next years' course information is released as places do go very quickly.

Now I am looking forward to demonstrating at Patchings Art Festival and I will be there on Thursday, Friday and Saturday of this week

To everyone who came to my workshops last week. Thank you for such a great week and I hope you are still painting non stop, fired up from the sessions!

To the artists on the Fabulous Florals day. The above is the peony painting we started as a wash but worked a little further. I have now started to repeat the detail from the central peony by adding similar detail to the bloom in the lower corner. I have left the two outer upper blooms as they were for now so you can see the gradual change as I complete the painting. But to be honest. I love it like this and didn't we make a big thing last week about stopping when you love what you see? 

Happy painting!


********************

4 comments:

a woman who is said...

Gorgeous Peonies, and thank you for the bit of instruction on the end! I will have to reexamine them. Jean you are the inspiration. I am still flying high from your workshop in Seattle!

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous!! I wish I had stayed on and done the Floral workshop !! But I thoroughly enjoyed my day with you at the Spring fever workshop. It was well worth the journey from South Africa!!! In fact it was the highlight of my trip!!!! Thanks again for being so inspiring!!! Barbara Mitton

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous Jean!!I wish i had stayed on and done the Floral workshop as well! But I thoroughly enjoyed my day spent with you doing the Spring fever workshop.It was well worth the journey from South Africa! In fact it was the highlight of my trip!! Barbara Mitton

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous Jean!! I wish I had stayed on and done the Floral workshop as well. However I thoroughly enjoyed my day spent with you doing the Spring fever workshop. It was well worth the journey from South Africa! In fact it as the highlight of my trip! Thank you for being so inspiring. Barbara Mitton