Sunday 21 June 2015

All The Beautiful Blues

 Blue Hydrangea
Demonstration techniques from a recent floral workshop

Artists who attended my recent floral workshops will recognise the techniques I have used in this attractive painting of hydrangea which is sat on my easel waiting for the very last brushstrokes. It is making me feel so alive to work on this piece.

Stunning blues bring the flowers to life. These are set off with Opera Pink  (yes, by Daniel Smith of course!) and touches of Turquoise. A collection of greens in the forgeound add more variety to the foliage.

This is heaven to work on and I will be painting more next week.

For now though I am going to enjoy looking at this at this unfinished stage.

I never race to complete a painting. I love each brushstroke and each new addition of colour so much that taking my time is worthwhile.

A great way to  play with all the beautiful blues in my palette! And I am finding gorgeous new favourites.


************


Artist Tip : I cannot recommend using good quality paper enough. I work on Saunders Waterford and Bockingford paper. Both are superb for my floral paintings!

No comments: