Thursday 12 June 2014

Catching Up!

Painting foxgloves in my garden

Looking back I am not sure how I managed to do everything over the last few weeks yet alone this weekend. Last week I left for Patchings Art Festival which was absolutely fantastic. I demonstrated every day in the St Cuthbert Mill Marquee and loved it. I left Patchings in Nottingham on Saturday afternoon to head for Devizes to attend a very special birthday, keeping a promise to a friend. The drive took five hours due to hiccups along the way but we made it and I am thrilled to have kept my word.


 On Sunday from Devizes we headed home to our cottage only to leave again on Monday morning,destination London this time. Having checked into the hotel I changed into a long evening dress to make my way to the Guildhall for the superb Centenary Livery Dinner, which was held in the presence of HRH Princess Anne. This is the most wonderful of historic buildings in the city and it was an honour to be in Royal Company. 



But the next day, Tuesday,  was my birthday and my husband has arranged a very special day for me as a surprise so I still wasn't returning home. On my birthday we started the day on the London Eye then headed to the Royal Garden Hotel for  a fantastic Dim Sum meal in their  incredible Chinese restaurant. Having lived in Asia Dim Sum is  my favourite food so this really was a fabulous surprise.


Later we saw Warhorse at the theatre . I have always longed to see this play as I adore puppets and the story is incredbl . I loved the evening but another surprise was to follow as my husband had booked a table with a view  for cocktails in the new bar in the Shangri-La Hotel, in the Shard.What a way to close weeks of hard work, travelling and continuous business events.



 It was a stunning birthday as one surprise flowed into the next . Tired we returned to the hotel and only left yesterday morning to finally return and relax at home.

This morning was " back to work" with a bump as I had a photography session here, including shots being taken in both my studio and my garden. For an interview.

The weeks leading up to Patchings Art Festival saw me completing a catalogue of work for my solo exhibition that opens at the "Dogs in Art Gallery" in Stockbridge, Hampshire, this weekend and also saw me taking my popular UK workshops which were attended by artists from all over the world.

Now I have a clear week ahead to work solely on my new book and I am so looking forward to it.

My life is wonderful but possibly it would be an idea to leave a little free time in between bookings ,just to have a break from time to time. But that really wouldn't be me! I am always on the go and am used to  being busy.

So I have now finally caught up on my blog and can get back to sharing news and paintings.

I am home!

******************

By the way, a little heads up. I will be a Patchings next year so as soon as I have the details I will confirm them on my blog. This year so many people told me they would love to come in 2015 so I will try to give information early to enable you to save dates, book tickets and enjoy the festival. It is fantastic!


4 comments:

Bonnie Schallermeir said...

What a wonderful, fun-filled time! Thanks for sharing your adventures, and belated Happy Birthday! Wonderful work!

H. said...

So lovely to meet you at Patchings and watch you paint. You are truly inspirational and hope you keep sharing and inspiring new artists.
Harjinder Gurnham, Linconshire

H. said...

So lovely to meet you at Patchings and watch you paint. You are truly inspirational and hope you keep sharing and inspiring new artists.
Harjinder Gurnham, Linconshire

Becky said...

I love your work! I have been painting all my life...mostly w/c. Teaching it for 10. I cleared my calendar, took my first sabbatical (in the 10 years!) this July. I painted every day, working my way through 4 of your DVDs and 2 of your books. Bliss. Thank you for all you do to teach and inspire new artists and those of us who have been at it forever! There is ALWAYS something new and exciting to learn! Becky