Friday 4 April 2014

Glowing Daffodils in Watercolour



"Spring Joy"

Tonight is the opening of my Spring Exhibition at the Frame Gallery in Odiham, Hampshire , UK. Next week is the start of my fully booked Spring watercolour workshops in Hampshire. Following that I will be teaching a watercolour course in Italy followed by a trip to Florence. I am really excited as so much is going on, including the contracts having been signed this week and sent to the hosts of my USA book signing tour in 2015. I can reveal the locations so far will be California, West Virgina and St Louis. Washington and New York.  I owe huge thanks to  really  wonderful invitations.

But for now I am happily painting Spring flowers in my studio and enjoying working with Cadmium Yellow. I absolutely love this shade. It has a life of its' own when used as neat pigment but when diluted it reallytdoes give me "singing" glowing colour which is perfect for painting daffodils!

My easel is full of paintings that carry that feel good factor of Spring joy!

My easel full of glowing watercolours. A series of daffodils in watercolour.

The paper I am currently working with is Bockingford 140lbs as the smooth surface aids my results for gaining silk petals in my latest floral work.

No comments: