Thursday 24 May 2012

Friends make the world a better place.

With the photographic and publishing team from Search Press last year working on my new book
"Atmospheric Watercolours"
Juan, Roddy, Gavin, Katie and me.

I woke early this morning because I am way behind on my email messages and I needed to catch up. The sunshine pulls me into my garden to paint more as Summer approaches so my computer time becomes less.

I love feeling the warmth of the sun on my shoulders as I wander around my garden admiring each new flower that has decided to bloom. I am not the only one  relishing the good weather as the bird song has become deafening over the last few days but that too is magical.

So before I make it outside today I have started my emails and read one after the other from long time friends who are overjoyed with the success of my new book. They are all so happy for me and I feel so blessed that they are in my life. They have loved me for who I am, undertsood when I am too busy and been there when I am not. Shopped with me, laughed with me, cried with me ,even painted with me and are now celebrating with me.  And I love each one so very much.

I also have many new friends who I have met through my workshops. Many going through incredible difficulties where moving their brushes now is keeping them sane, giving a sense of escape simply from using colour. I understand this, like many people I have needed this sense of peace at times particularly in my childhood where I painted happier images.

My emails have become the start and close of each day where I stay in touch with my friends from all over the world. I realised this morning how gorgeous my garden is by the variety of plants and colourful flowers growing in it. Take one away and it just isn't the same.

My ever increasing friendship circle is just like that.

I am blessed with so many friends and I couldn't face losing one because then my life wouldn't be the same. All the joy from my new book would be nothing without all the very special people in my life who are sharing my happiness with me. And that includes you for reading my blog and being here with me.

Thank you for being my friend, here and beside me in my art journey..

Life and happiness are to be shared and given freely or there really would be no point in living!

Jean

No comments: