Tuesday 7 February 2012

Roses in Watercolour 2012

Roses bursting to life in a watercolour composition

The single rose I painted recently has stayed in my mind. I loved how it came to life in such a simple way but from the minute I painted it I could see new compositions in my imagination that I just had to place on paper.

Today I took the idea of the single rose and gave it an "echo" by placing a second rose behind the first allowing the flowers to merge as if in sunlight.

I know me.

This creative process will continue until I have "rosed" myself out!

************

I have realised many of my rose posts on my blog have become very popular. I will be sharing more over the next few months and hope to inspire many rose paintings.

A huge thank you to everyone who has let me know they loved the rose demo on my DVD!

*****************

No comments: