Monday 4 April 2011

In Love With Mondays

"Twitching Nose"
 
New watercolour of a lucky hare painting

The sun is shining so brightly through my studio window that it  is touching everything I see with stunning rays  of light. It is a perfect time to paint. The vibrant shades of spring flowers in my garden beckon so I know this will be a day to paint from life outside. But first I have a special piece of paper calling me. I had placed a wash on the surface of it last night hoping to see if something might magically appear on it by this morning. I call these " spirit washes". I could easily see a subject this morning. With just a few selected brushstrokes to add definition this watercolour could possibly be the lucky hare for my exhibition at the Wey Gallery in Godalming.

There is a fabulous sense of movement around the nose section o fthis piece. As if the hare is twitching and raring to go. Just like me dying to pick up my brushes and get off this computer!

It's going to be a wonderful day!


*****************

"Celebrate Spring" Jeans new exhibition opens at 
THE FRAME GALLERY in ODIHAM,Hampshire this week.



2 comments:

bazza said...

Sometimes the best watercolour effects are 'accidental'!
Bazza’s Blog ‘To Discover Ice’

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

I totally agree and they are so much fun when they are!