Friday 11 February 2011

Evolving as an Artist


Painting With Passion

"Celtic Beauty"

The expression "time flies" seems so true at the moment. I wish for  forty eight hour days to enjoy all I wish to enjoy. 

I am writing and painting in my studio and going through paintings looking at my work in files from years ago to the present day. I hadn't realized how my journey in watercolour had evolved so much until now.

In my workshops I always recommend artists attending should  hold onto  a few paintings each year, adding the date they were painted on the back of the paper and keeping them to mark their progress over a period of time. I am listening to my own advise and seeing how far I have come and considering how far I have to go in my own road of exploration in watercolour.

Happily I feel I have a long road of learning ahead of me and I am loving each new challange I set for myself. In fact the day I say  "I can paint" is the day I will put  down my brushes forever. I want to always feel a sense of excitement when magic happens as wonderful results  and  images come to life in front of my eyes.

And I wish to share the passion I feel for this medium with everyone for a very long time.

No comments: