Saturday 2 January 2010

Moving My Brush 2010!




                                                         Leopard Stage 1.

I couldn't wait to get back into my studio after my wonderful snow break in North Wales so this is the first time I have moved my brush in 2010! I am superstitious so my first painting on a huge piece of white paper in a new year has to be something magical and emotional. A painting that tells a story and draws the viewer in. So starting with an eye is a wise decision.

I am looking to the future and a year ahead full of wonderful paintings from myself and my wonderful art friends. And if you are reading this that means you too!

No prelimainary sketch but I have thought about my composition and what I want my message to be when I finish this piece..........

I feel happy with this simple start. I know where my colours are going to change and where I am heading.........

2010 is going to be such a fabulous year!

2 comments:

Nancy Wallace said...

I discovered your blog while searching for inspiration to encourage me to perservere with learning to paint in watercolour. (I'm a beginner/improver.)You have inspired me - I'll be following you this year.

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Hello there, I adore teaching watercolour and meeting new artists. I am sure by the end of 2010 you will be feeling as addicted to painting as I am...it's wonderful to meet you!